International Journal of Management and Applied Science (IJMAS)
current issues
Volume-4,Issue-10  ( Oct, 2018 )
Past issues
  1. Volume-4,Issue-10  ( Oct, 2018 )
  2. Volume-4,Issue-9  ( Sep, 2018 )
  3. Volume-4,Issue-8  ( Aug, 2018 )
  4. Volume-4,Issue-7  ( Jul, 2018 )
  5. Volume-4,Issue-6  ( Jun, 2018 )
  6. Volume-4,Issue-5  ( May, 2018 )
  7. Volume-4,Issue-4  ( Apr, 2018 )
  8. Volume-4,Issue-3  ( Mar, 2018 )
  9. Volume-4,Issue-2  ( Feb, 2018 )
  10. Volume-4,Issue-1  ( Jan, 2018 )

Statistics report
Jan. 2019
Submitted Papers : 80
Accepted Papers : 10
Rejected Papers : 70
Acc. Perc : 12%
Issue Published : 56
Paper Published : 3637
No. of Authors : 7479
  Journal Paper




Paper Title :
A Study of Migrant Entrepreneurs from Ethiopia in South Africa

Author :Zeleke Worku

Article Citation :Zeleke Worku , (2018 ) " A Study of Migrant Entrepreneurs from Ethiopia in South Africa " , International Journal of Management and Applied Science (IJMAS) , pp. 30-35, Volume-4,Issue-9

Abstract : The objective of study was to assess and evaluate factors that affect entrepreneurial activities carried out by formal and informal migrant entrepreneurs from Ethiopia who conduct business operations in the nine provinces of South Africa. The study was descriptive and exploratory in nature. The design of the study was descriptive and cross-sectional. Data was collected from a stratified random sample of size 3, 045 migrant entrepreneurs from Ethiopia who conduct business in the nine provinces of South Africa. Stratified random sampling was used for the selection of eligible entrepreneurs. The study found that about 76% of businesses operated by migrant entrepreneurs from Ethiopia were profitable, whereas the remaining 24% of businesses were not profitable. About 32% of entrepreneurs were attracted to South Africa due to better infrastructural facilities. About 25% of entrepreneurs were attracted to South Africa due to better socioeconomic conditions. About 78% of migrant entrepreneurs had conducted business in South Africa for five years or more at the time of data collection. About 34% of businesses paid tax to the South African Revenue Service (SARS) on a regular basis. About 38% of businesses employed at least one South African in their businesses. About 85% of entrepreneurs stated that they had good working relationships with members of the various local communities in South Africa. Keywords - Ethiopian migrant entrepreneurs in South Africa, Viability, Logit analysis

Type : Research paper

Indexed : Google Scholar


Copyright: © Institute of Research and Journals

| PDF |
Viewed - 21
| Published on 2018-11-22
   
   
IRAJ Other Journals
IJMAS updates
IJMAS -THANK YOU ALL FOR CONTRIBUTING YOUR PAPER TO IJMAS DECEMBER ISSUE.ALL AUTHORS ARE REQUESTED TO GET THEIR HARD COPY NOW.
The Conference World
Facebook

JOURNAL SUPPORTED BY