International Journal of Management and Applied Science (IJMAS)
.
Follow Us On :
current issues
Volume-10,Issue-4  ( Apr, 2024 )
Past issues
  1. Volume-10,Issue-4  ( Apr, 2024 )
  2. Volume-10,Issue-3  ( Mar, 2024 )
  3. Volume-10,Issue-2  ( Feb, 2024 )
  4. Volume-10,Issue-1  ( Jan, 2024 )
  5. Volume-9,Issue-12  ( Dec, 2023 )
  6. Volume-9,Issue-11  ( Nov, 2023 )
  7. Volume-9,Issue-10  ( Oct, 2023 )
  8. Volume-9,Issue-9  ( Sep, 2023 )
  9. Volume-9,Issue-8  ( Aug, 2023 )
  10. Volume-9,Issue-7  ( Jul, 2023 )

Statistics report
Jul. 2024
Submitted Papers : 80
Accepted Papers : 10
Rejected Papers : 70
Acc. Perc : 12%
Issue Published : 122
Paper Published : 5124
No. of Authors : 10690
  Journal Paper


Paper Title :
Intensive Pain/Exercise Programs Are Not Beneficial For Most Pots Patients

Author :Cathy L. Pederson, Rachel E. Wilson

Article Citation :Cathy L. Pederson ,Rachel E. Wilson , (2024 ) " Intensive Pain/Exercise Programs Are Not Beneficial For Most Pots Patients " , International Journal of Management and Applied Science (IJMAS) , pp. 67-73, Volume-10,Issue-3

Abstract : Intensive, hospital-based rehabilitation programs are recommended for many POTS patients. Electronic surveys were taken by 1,130 POTS patients to assess the long-term effects of these programs, including a demographic questionnaire, the Malmö POTS Symptom Score (MAPS), Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy Fatigue Scale (FACIT), Gastrointestinal Symptom Rating Scale (GSRS), and Self-Management Assessment Scale (SMAS). Only 80 (54.1%) POTS patients completed an entire rehabilitation program while 68 (45.9%) left early. One-way ANOVAs revealed that POTS patients who began a rehabilitation program had significantly more diagnoses (p < 0.001), higher incidence of CFS/ME (p = 0.026), EDS (p = 0.002), MCAS (p < 0.001), and disability (p = 0.049), and higher scores on the MAPS (p = 0.043), GSRS (p = 0.039), and SMAS Knowledge (p < 0.001), Goals for Future (p = 0.002) and Daily Routines (p = 0.016) than those who never started. Participants who left rehabilitation early had a significantly higher incidence of disability (p = 0.026) and scored significantly lower on SMAS Daily Routines (p = 0.004) and Emotional Adjustment (p = 0.001) domains than those who completed the program. A significantly lower incidence of EDS (p = 0.005) was found in the 46.2% of participants that felt better after rehabilitation than those who stayed the same or felt worse. The remaining 53.8% of enrollees reported no benefit from these programs, with those who felt worse after starting rehabilitation having a significantly higher incidence of MCAS than those who stayed the same (p = 0.043). Keywords: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), rehabilitation, pain program, exercise program

Type : Research paper

Published : Volume-10,Issue-3


DOIONLINE NO - IJMAS-IRAJ-DOIONLINE-20695   View Here

Copyright: © Institute of Research and Journals

| PDF |
Viewed - 74
| Published on 2024-07-01
   
   
IRAJ Other Journals
IJMAS updates
IJMAS -THANK YOU ALL FOR CONTRIBUTING YOUR PAPER TO IJMAS April ISSUE. ALL AUTHORS ARE REQUESTED TO GET THEIR HARD COPY NOW.
The Conference World
Facebook

JOURNAL SUPPORTED BY